There continues to be unprecedented need for food support in Calgary and the annual City-Wide Food Drive is the perfect opportunity to make a difference
This year’s City-Wide Food Drive will take place on Saturday, September 18. We are very grateful that in 2020 we were still able to have the food drive with COVID safety protocols in place and the approval of AHS. We hope 2021 will be no different. As we plan for this year’s food drive, we will be working closely with AHS to ensure that we continue to do our part in maintaining the health and safety of the volunteers, staff and community during the food drive.
The City-Wide Food Drive takes place during a very important time of year for the Food Bank. As we head into the winter months the number of Calgarians visiting the food bank increases. The collection of much needed food and funds ensures that clients have the food they need through the fall and start of winter.
Food Drive Details:
- Volunteers will deliver food drive bags to neighbourhoods across Calgary between September 13 – 17, 2021.
- If you choose to participate, please fill the bag with non-perishable food items.
- Place your donation bag on your doorstep, or in a visible place from the street on Saturday, September 18, 2021 by 10 am.
- Volunteers will pick-up your bag between 10 am and 1 pm.
- If your bag is missed, please call 587-316-1623 by 4 pm on September 18, 2021. Leave your bag out, and a volunteer will pick your bag up in the evening. *Please note the phone line will close at 4 pm.
Very specific items like canned tomatoes are needed so check calgaryfoodbank.com for a list of what you can donate
Calgary Food Bank. Community Owned. Community Supported.