Join more than 100 nation-wide hikes on Sunday, May 5 as we kick off National Palliative Care Week in Canada, a national fundraising event that brings together palliative care organizations across Canada to raise funds and awareness in their communities.
Our local Hike for Hospice Calgary is a 5KM walk at Sikome Lake, Fish Creek Provincial Park. Each year hundreds of people join us for this fun, family and dog-friendly event, raising over $100,000 each Hike. Funds raised go towards Hospice Calgary’s services for people facing advanced illness, end-of-life, or life after the death of someone close to them.
Arrive at 9AM on Hike Day to enjoy the festivities for registered hikers:
- Hang out with the Calgary Stampeders & Outriders
- Enjoy hot beverages and snacks
- Capture this memorable day at the Photobooth
- Bring the kids to get their facepainted and play games in the Kids Zone
- Bring your dog to get some treats provided by Pawsitively Natural and enter for a pet supplies draw at the Doggie Fun Zone
- Purchase tickets for the Best Seat in the Parade Raffle
- Stop by the Children’s Grief Centre booth
Hike ceremonies will start at 10AM, and the Hike will start at 10:30AM. After the walk we’ll all enjoy a wrap-up celebration with special announcements, prizes and sweet treats.
Join the conversation online using #Hike4Hospice @hospicecalgary
For more information, to register online, or to donate in lieu of attending, visit: hospicecalgary.ca/hike
We hope to see you there!