Warm up to winter with University District’s annual winter outdoor festival. Northwestival promises to be packed full of family-friendly holiday surprises and all things that make the Northwest worth celebrating.
So mark your calendars and pack your mittens for an afternoon of enchanted winter fun! Activities include:
● Live entertainment including Indigo Circus Performance troupe, Powwow Mash-up, directed and created by Jessica McMann, and the Midnight Taiko Kai Japanese drumming group
● DIY winter workshops from modern wreaths, cinnamon ornaments and inspirational note cards to recipients for I Can for Kids
● Delicious treats from YYC Food Trucks
● Maple syrup snow taffy at the Cabane a Sucre (sugar shack)
● Sled Dogs, holiday hayrides, axe throwing and log sawing
● Fire-pits with s’more stations
● Hot drinks provided by Calgary Heritage Roasting Co.
It’s the most wonderful time of year, and there will be no better way to celebrate the holiday spirit than with your neighbours and community members among music and Christmas cheer.
Admission is a jar of peanut butter to support the local charity I Can for Kids; Northwestival’s charity for 2018. Northwestival is open to Calgarians and visitors of all ages and is dog-friendly.
When: Sunday, December 8, 2019
Time: 1 – 6 pm
Where: University of Calgary, Field 9 Address: Intersection of 39th Street NW and University Ave NW, Calgary, AB Phone: 403-910-1101